Dry Ice Blasting for the Automotive Industry
Automotive Dry Ice Blasting Services
Automotive manufacturers and restoration professionals face unique challenges when safely and effectively cleaning parts and specialized equipment. They must follow rigid quality and production expectations and guidelines to maintain industry certifications.
At Environmental Alternatives Inc., we have the solution you need — CO2 blasting for the automotive industry. Our team uses dry ice blasting as a more environmentally friendly cleaning method that produces no secondary waste. Plus, we create it directly at your job site for better results.
How Does Dry Ice Blasting Work?
Like auto professionals, EAI relies on specialized equipment to do the job. Our units transform liquid CO2 into tiny pellets and blast them at the surface of the cleaning area with compressed air. The pellets reach speeds up to 1,000 feet per second in a pressurized jet, with no harm to the underlying object.
The process is similar to conventional grit and sandblasting, yet produces better and cleaner results. Once the pellets contact residues, they evolve into gas form to remove the surface contaminant. A negative air recovery system captures the gasses and purifies them before release, producing no environmentally harmful byproducts.
What Can Dry Ice Blasting Do for the Auto Industry?
Since dry ice blasting leaves no residue itself, it’s an ideal solution for many processes in the automotive industry. EAI customers experience success in applications:
- Surface preparation: Remove grit, contaminants and debris left from the manufacturing process with no water, chemicals or cooldown periods necessary.
- Equipment cleaning: Maintain tools, molds and even automated machinery for longer life spans and a better return on your investment.
- Paint booth cleaning: Lower disposal costs and boost efficiency with no excess waste to handle.
- Parts finishing: Deflash and deburr parts quickly for smooth finishes and less potential for cross-contamination.
- Restoration: Give yesterday’s classics new life by ridding them of years of build-up with minimal disassembly.
Benefits of Dry Ice Blasting Over Other Cleaning Methods
EAI’s on-site CO2 blasting offers better benefits to auto industry professionals than conventional cleaning methods. These advantages include:
- Non-abrasive properties: Dry ice blasting doesn’t scratch paint, sensitive electronics, molds or delicate components.
- Increased quality: You can produce better parts and meet industry standards for quality with higher cleanliness levels and less waste.
- Flexibility: We blast parts in place to reduce cleaning cycle time while reaching hard-to-access spaces.
- Cost savings: You reduce labor costs involved in manual cleaning, disassembly, masking and more.
- Increased productivity: Since the process is “dry,” parts and equipment are ready for the next task sooner.
- Ecofriendliness: Dry ice blasting generates no harmful byproducts.
- Employee safety: Your team enjoys better well-being with no excess exposure to chemicals and hazardous wastes.
Choose EAI Today
If you’re looking to improve your work processes with automotive dry ice blasting near you, look no further than EAI. We’re the industry leader in on-site dry ice generation in the country. Our turnkey service guarantees no equipment damage and better results than traditional cleaning methods.
Contact a specialist today at 603-352-3888 or request more information online.